Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Blossom

Blossom (v.i): 1) to have or open into blossoms; bloom. 2) to begin to thrive or flourish; develop.

Even though I had looked this word about two weeks ago to assess my life’s progress, today a poem just popped into my head entitled, Blossom:

I am blossoming into the woman I want to see
The one I want to see
Confident in everything
Who values knowing something
Who is constantly changing

As I approach thirty (which will be next August 9th) I am examining my life’s work and contributions. Entering my fourth decade on this planet, now is the time to positively contribute to the community. I have done so in the past but during this decade I will increase my philanthropic output by donating time and effort to educational causes. By age forty, I will have accomplished the following:


Achieved a $1 million net worth by paying off credit card and student loan debts, contributing to my retirement savings and 401 (k) plans, and signing for a 15-year mortgage instead of a 30-year one

Earned a Ph.D. from an elite school by working, debt free by teaching online economics courses, and freelance writing

Found my own business by merging my online teaching profile with freelance writing and photography

Be married

Travel to Africa, attend an Olympiad, and return to London

Publish a book about my life’s work and contribution by age 30 and a travel writing book.

Obtain a CPA. I have an MBA why not go for it!

No comments: