Tuesday, October 10, 2006

And the Winner Is...

Great news: American Edmund Phelps won the Economics Nobel Prize! Thus far the Americans have swept this year’s Nobel Prize . His work enhances the Phillips Curve which will are now studying. I have emailed my professor regarding his view since she mentioned the Nobel last week.

Edmund Phelps work was regarding intertemporal responses which is in my Mankiw book. This in addition to the Nobel Prize’s Contributions to Macroeconomics gives me ample material to read and discuss for tomorrow’s class.

Once again, I am happy that the Americans are sweeping the competition thus far. It is a signal to our motivation and intelligence. Too often we tell ourselves that we lack the competitiveness to find new inventions. I know that I possess the brain power to become the first woman Nobel Economics recipient! I can feel it!

No comments: