Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Abigail Trafford’s A Texas Trailblazer, an appreciation about the late Texas governor Anne Richards’s contribution to the women’s liberation movement. The reporter dubbed her as “the first wave of First and Only Women (FOWs) who defied female stereotypes and broke down the doors of the old-boy establishment.” Ann Richards was no ashamed to admit that she was an alcoholic and rose from this personal tragedy to become governor. Even though I was only 13 when Richards won the governorship, her presence loomed large for all women. I have pasted Abigail Trafford’s link here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/02/AR2006100201362.html

As the third wave of women in the workforce I understand that it is my duty to uphold the forbearers’ legacies and to not disappoint. That’s why I am adamant about pursuing higher education and being the best that I can be.

No comments: