Saturday, October 29, 2005

Informational Goldmine

After yesterday's disappointment, I focused on what I could do to regain control of my situation. Well self-reliance has paid dividends, because I have located numerous sources, retrieved an abundance of information and have billed more hours than last week (though my fingers are crossed because my employer hasn't returned my email regarding sending the transaction via priority mail. I will call him later.) At this pace, my next billing period's hours will exceed this week's. Right now I am establishing the protocols for this relationship, because I know that I need to be paid on a consistent basis and effectively communicating that is the only way to ensure that this occurs.

Focusing on myself has calmed me down enough to enjoy my life and stoppoing worrying about others. I took in two movies: Good Night and Good Luck yesterday and Doom today. Regardless of whatever happens, I will be okay because I am taking advantage of all of the opportunities afforded me at this time: three career fairs in two weeks, two networking events and a lot of free time! Hot dog! :)

No comments: