Friday, October 21, 2005

Good Karma

I got my hair done today and was happy to learn that my beautician has hired three additional workers. It is good to see progress because I constantly wonder how she would keep the shop in the black. However, her three employees are very cordial and do hair and nails very well. I believe that she has received some blessings in her life because of the positive energy that emanates from her.

Throughout this month I have been emanating the same radiance. Last week during a part-time holiday sales interview a woman forgot her keys in the lobby and I walked over to the customer service representative. I didn’t take credit but thought it was important that she received her keys. I believe that this good karma reappeared yesterday when I forgot my disk at the Learning Connections lab. These events reinforce the fact that practicing benevolence makes life easier.

Speaking of which, my former employer has responded via email that she would love to serve as my recommender for Cleveland State! J Plus, the graduate secretary informed me that I had the criteria to be considered for a grad assistantship. My timetable is to submit all documentation by November 1, 2005 to ensure that I obtain the most financial aid available prior to the 2006 spring semester.

Today I am working on another assignment. Though the work is sporadic because I have neither a car nor a computer (I work at the library), creating my hours is addictive. I will complete the phone calls by later today. I hope that this out-of-county assignment lasts another week. My employer has three additional jobs and I have worked on another one located in my home county. The good part is that at least I am employed and can save some money for the future. Which will really help me because I need to finance an emergency fund for bills and employment travel. However, right now I am happy that I am doing what I love which is research; and, this real estate valuation experience will allow me to strengthen my candidacy for acceptance into the graduate program and an assistantship.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: