Saturday, October 22, 2005

Career Voyage

Today I attended the Federal job fair at a Cleveland area high school. Though overall career fair and representatives were cordial, there were a few (mainly the ATF guy and the CSU Career Service woman who no longer worked at the university but when inquiring about her contact info and who was just down right indignant at the career service table) who just plain annoying. Be upfront and answer the questions!

Okay now that I have vented I will tell you all of the good stuff that I discovered while attending. First, a federal agency will be offering management intern positions; and, a few others have some cooperative education agreements with the university. And, speaking of cooperative education programs, NASA is still receiving applications in the Cleveland, OH area until November 30th. During the informational seminar, a contact person notified the audience that if you are a graduate student at Cleveland State that you don’t have to register for the course! Yippee! :) However, afterward she did caution me about applying for a cooperative position simultaneously while reentering school. Good assessment because I hadn’t though about that.

The federal career fair provided me a great insight unattainable without attending this event and that outshines all of the problems!

No comments: