Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Conviction

Conviction: a strong belief

I have a strong conviction that fear will never arrest me because I possess the self confidence to step out on faith. The last five years have been disappointing and left me uninspired; and, quite frankly, these feelings of inadequacy have run their course. This time my vision of becoming the best that I can be will come to fruition. Mark my words: I will be accepted into an economics program as first a nondegree student then a degree seeking student en route to obtaining a full-time Economist; In addition, I will excel, post a 4.0 grade point average; be on the Dean’s List every semester, expand my professional network that’ll serve as a career springboard to Washington, D.C. and be accepted into a top-tier Research I university after scoring no less than 1450 on the GRE. Along the way I will write my poems, songs and basically live my life the way it should be lived!

These may be ambitious objectives; however, today I have been rewarded: a university has notified me that because I paid the $30 processing fee as a nondegree graduate student in lieu of attaining my Master’s that the fee has been waived. This is the result of my conviction in myself!

No comments: