Thursday, March 30, 2006

Becoming Financial and Musical Literate

Today I had my meeting with the Merrill Lynch representative whom I met three weeks ago at the Urban League Economic Empowerment Seminar. During the session, I delivered the investment assessment, one month’s worth of receipts, and honesty to her. She said that this was the one of the easiest meetings because of my preparation. Though she complimented me on my diligence, she remarked that I should table my savings and IRA contributions until I was current on all credit cards. Her advice was a bit scary because without my savings there would had not been any BEA Economist interview money; so, I would meet her halfway. Starting next pay, save $100 instead of $200 to expedite my repayment plan. Friday I will request my free credit report, contact the organization regarding my disputed item and implement my budget to ensure that I will be debt-free by December 31st.

Afterward my music professor worked me overtime on Do-Re-Mi. My throat is still dry; however, he proclaimed that it was imperative that I became musically literate so that I could understand anything in front of me; and, I guess that was also the point the Merrill Lynch representative tried to make during our meeting. Regardless of what numbers were in front of me, I needed understand them.

No comments: