Thursday, March 23, 2006

Traveling Woman

Okay I know that I have been away enjoying myself during the Spring Break weekend. I joined and actively participated viewing around 8 films at the Cleveland Film Festival (I purchased 18 tickets!); and, haven’t had to allocate my time towards studying.

Great news! I received a 3.99 out of 4.00 on the first macroeconomic midterm. Personally, I was amazed that I correctly answered all of the value-added questions because I guessed. The value added came in handy because a federal agency wished to interview me (I was so happy! Throughout spring break, I applied for summer admittance into DC and LA universities. Nothing, not even relocation would impede my educational pursuit!) The exam was curved because originally I scored a 21/25 and had I not missed one-half of one point, my grade would had been an A. That just made me focus on studying more to achieve that A!

My microeconomic professor gave us a “welcome-back present” with scheduling our second midterm in two weeks and lecturing on both chapters 10 and 11 (He did not say that in the email!); however, unfazed, I took excellent notes and asked questions because my objective is to score 24 out of 30 (Hey I am a graduate student who should be earning a B without a curve!)

Having finalized my travel arrangements for the trip, I was happy that adhering to my financial action plan paid dividends. Each payday I allocated $200 towards my savings and it came in handy because all I had to do were transfer funds. Tomorrow is payday and though I didn’t reach my initial goal of saving $1000, the $200 will still be transferred to my savings. There are still five more paychecks before my 120-day probation is completed allowing me substantial time to accomplish this goal. Besides this emergency fund will come in handy when I relocate. My goal is to be comfortable regardless of where I resided.

The division chief was cool and he supplied all of the necessary information to ensure that all of my interviews were successful. Even though he mentioned in both the email and over the phone that the interview did not constitute a job offer (of course, not!), this remark motivated me even more. Unfazed, I told him that I took the agency Entry-Level Economist exam and provided my own transportation (Believe I am undaunted in my pursuit of becoming an Economist. And, traveling 500 miles would not deter me one bit!) Because I am a traveling woman! :)

No comments: