Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stand for Something

Prior to my microeconomics midterm I participated in a Voting Rights symposium where I met my aunt at the local community college. Voting rights is important to me and the event mentally preoccupied me throughout the day even though I knew that the test was later this evening. During my second break, I just decided to “Let and let God!” not because of inadequate preparation but because preserving my franchise was just as important!

I was elated that I delegated some of responsibilities because the economics midterm was easier than expected. The majority of the questions derived from the study guide! Therefore, I knew that my score would be higher than 17; however, if this format indicated anything it was that I needed to devote more time and energy towards fleshing out my notes immediately after class. Doing this during my study sessions helped me immensely because it allowed me to connect the ideas. After submitting my test, I asked the professor about any upcoming material. He mentioned that chapter 13 Monopoly would be next. Great! This provided another opportunity to reach my goal of scoring 27 on the final exam.

Many of the microeconomic lectures tied in with my macroeconomics lessons especially total product curves. Right after posting this blog entry and watching Living It Up with Patti LaBelle, I will begin reading macro chapter 7 and 8 to increase my 3.99 to a 4.00 (If I correctly answered just one more question, I would had achieved a perfect score!). Speaking of macroeconomics, yesterday we discussed the Solow residual model. The technology variable in particular interested me because I wanted to manipulate the equation further; however, the professor told me that for now just focus on the basics. Well, anyway. With my newly-minted AEA Journal in my bag, I researched the residual on the Internet because understanding the information is key towards real education.

No comments: