Thursday, March 09, 2006

Running on the Inside Track

While attending the Economic Empowerment seminar, my financial assertions of using my income tax refund to pay off Tri-C tuition and open a Roth IRA were correct; however, merely establishing an emergency fund is insufficient to me because during the event, I calculated that by May 2007 I would save over $7500. With that kind of money it should be allocated in high yield interest bearing vehicles. The first speaker was a financial consultant who would accept a phone call free of charge about creating a financial plan. Friday I will contact her to schedule a meeting Thursday, March 23, 2006 to draft a financial plan that would assist me in realizing my financial goals of home ownership and debt-free living by May 2007 graduation (My own home is a nice little graduation present to myself!:) Also during this seminar was a dynamic educational consultant whom I will be contacting because he is extremely helpful and encouraging for young people (His speech almost made my headache disappear. And lastly, I networked with a business consultant who was interested in outsourcing his work to me. Initially I was skeptical upon him mentioning proforma balance sheets; yet, remembered that I had done prior contracting work therefore I should be fine.

Prior to that meeting, a HR rep from Washington left a voice mail regarding a federal Economist vacancy (I am getting really giddy!:) Immediately I emailed him back, and tomorrow will check my email to see if he has responded. If he has then I will send him a thank you letter because I am intent on getting this position. This is my dream job and I am doing everything humanly possible from working job to devising a financial plan to praying to land this job!

Later tonight I will revise my resume for both the contract position and the federal Economist vacancy (I really do want this job), and devise three scenarios to ensure that I hit the ground running wherever I am located!

No comments: