Saturday, March 11, 2006

Assured

Right after the conclusion of my Intermediate Algebra class, Spring Break has finally arrived and now I can spend my time anyway that I want. No classes for an entire week meaning that I can go home, watch tv and not consciously think about any homework. Also this week is the beginning of the Cleveland Film Festival which I will attend because it has two Cleveland films that peaked my interest! Add the CoolCleveland events and I am in heaven!

This past week has been spectacular professionally and personally. Today a federal HR rep responded to my email about scheduling a phone interview for the Entry-Level Economist position and he included the agency link and position description! :) Combine the other Economist phone interview and I am happy that my career is finally skyrocketing!

Also I received a 92 on my second math an 8-point improvement. To achieve a higher score, I must pace myself and display some patience because I made some silly mistakes that are avoidable! Later today I will purchase another notebook because I ran out of paper. However, I will complete all of chapter 7 homework and formulate any questions regarding the material. Figure that completing the homework today frees up me up to do whatever I want next Saturday.

Personally, I have continued implementing my financial independence plan by opening a Roth IRA. It was the first IRA account that the customer service representative had ever opened (She had always been extremely kind and good natured. ) The assistant office manager informed me that my account would be cash-only until it reaches $500 then it becomes an investment! :) Immediately I scheduled a meeting with he investment representative to cultivate a professional relationship which would allow to devise a plan that ensures that I achieve the $500 milestone. Depositing $50 per week would take ten weeks or by summer.

Next I asked the manager about when my IRA becomes an investment whether I could use these funds to buy mutual funds? She responded that those who invested needed to have 15 years’ worth of financial market tracking experience (Okay, but I refuse to wait until I am 43 to participate in the market! I will just read up on it and ask some professionals from different organizations. I guess she won’t be seeing my money! :)) And, speaking financial professional, yesterday I emailed the representative who spoke at Thursday’s Urban League Economic Empowerment Seminar to schedule a meeting to discuss my current and future financial plan. By my MA Economics graduation in May 2007, I will have paid off all of my credit card debt, saved for my home ownership down payment, and moved into the house of my dreams. Now that’s how I want my third decade on this Earth to start: financially independent and debt-free! :)

No comments: