Saturday, March 04, 2006

Update

I aced today’s second Intermediate Algebra exam after two nights of insomnia! It was almost too easy to believe. The majority of the questions came from the study guide. I was glad that I coerced the professor to solve the first chapter six problems last week else my score would have been lower; however, I paid for this class and will get my money’s worth! After the test I asked him about completing chapter 7’s homework to which he responded “Of course, you do not have to finish it because it wasn’t covered in this class, but I just do not trust him and will complete it along with the remainder of chapter 6 because I will not be screwed arriving into next week’s class half-cocked!

Tri-C cashed my check thereby freeing me from tuition debt and allowing me to focus my next paycheck on paying down Cleveland State and attending the Cleveland Film Festival. Earlier this morning on the Today Show, a financial consultant mentioned to payoff debts with your tax refund instead of credit card and to save for retirement. The piece helped me refocus on one of my initial goals: opening an IRA account (Imagine how I conveniently disremembered that after my IRS tax windfall!) However, I emailed my bank and have gotten back on track. Monday I will open my account during my lunch break and contribute $25 per paycheck to ensure that my nest egg grows!

Yesterday an old friend showed up with her new church’s first lady at the beauty salon which was wonderful for me because there were rumors flying that she was on crack cocaine. However, she relocated to San Antonio after her son’s bone morrow surgery (he is cancer-free!) and am now preaching at a local church. I was so happy to hear good things from her because I was worried about her. When I asked about San Antonio both ladies remarked that it was really nice and the city’s pace was slower than Cleveland; but, weather was spectacular! There was no hint of uneasiness or hostility that I saw on the news about race riots between blacks and browns which was quite relieving! She positive demeanor made me think about relocating there; but if anything else forced me to think outside of the box regarding my relocation and consider the southwest instead of just the eastern seaboard.

No comments: