Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Self-Actualization Realized

Immediately after work, I ran to my former college employer to ask for a recommendation; and, when she was unable and it fell through (I’m located in Cleveland, Ohio and the scholarship application must be in Cali by the deadline of March 10), I was okay because I knew that I could depend upon myself. Besides if the Economist job came to fruition, this would be sufficient financial aid by my calculations! Still I will apply for federal aid because some aid beats no aid. While sitting in macro, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation scholarship crossed my mind because of its May 2006 deadline giving me ample time to find more recommenders who could vouch for my integrity and thus qualify for additional money.

I credit this new line of thinking to my current job. No it is not in my field but it is full-time employment allowing me to plan and solve problems and to not vex over small things. Since my spring break officially begins Thursday, I will search for scholarships with March 15th deadlines in order to take full advantage of those opportunities.

No comments: