Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Opportunity Journal Entry #7: Full Steam Ahead

A lot has transpired since my last opportunity posting. This morning a potential employer called to schedule an interview which, of course, I obliged. The agency wanted some writing samples forwarded to them prior to the interview. I viewed this as a prime opportunity to use my Toastmaster skills to advance my career. If selected, my starting date will be late August to complete my estimates and take a vacation.
Of course, I debate leaving my current employer especially after applying for an internal position which would allow me to stay here while earning more money. Thankfully, the career coach returns tomorrow because I really need advice on this matter. First, I will email HR for a timetable to evaluate my options. I really prefer to stay here and receive my promotion. My boss even says that he'll evaluate my progress after the estimates then confer with his supervisor. However, that's too many chefs in the kitchen! Second, I will meet with the career caoch to hammer out the details. If I accept this position, my starting date will be late August to accommodate the state estimates and my vacation. Coming off insincere is the last thing I wish to project!

No comments: