Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Circle of Light

Today’s phone interview was the BEST EVER! The three interviewers were affable, could laugh at themselves and were strong-minded people, just like moi! I emailed them their thank you letters because a decision would be made tomorrow and honesty, I would like to work there!

The graduate economics administrative assistant is a godsend for bestowing wonderful advice regarding the application process.

  • On registering for classes: GO to financial aid first (I mentioned my decision to reside on campus). Plus, I could register online.
  • If financial aid rejects the undergraduate economics classes: the office could register me as a non-degree undergraduate,
  • One telling the professor about auditing the economics course: DON’T. He doesn’t need to know. And, speaking about auditing, the lady gave me the exact same book that professor used this semester to prepare for the exams. How good is that? :)

    In addition, she notified me that she had mailed my acceptance letter yesterday and that I should receive it either today or Thursday. Great, now I can apply for internships, cooperative education and fellowships!

    Upon exiting the building and boarding the bus, the driver implored about school to which I responded, “I just came from Cleveland State.” He replied, “ Good and you should finish.” During the bus ride, an idea just popped into my head: to incorporate positive reinforcement at the end of each chapter to mentally assure myself of passing the comprehensive exams! Great idea!

No comments: