Monday, September 17, 2007

A Peek Behind the Curtain

I remembered the stories that my father and his sister would tell me around shooting his bb gun at the residential naked-man who flash them in the projects. Never in a million years would I had thought that the same thing would had happened to me; but, it did and on Massachusetts Avenue of all places. In Washington, DC Mass. Ave. was known as Embassy Row an upscale avenue of embassies. My apartment building sits across the street from the Embassy of Tunisia. On Sunday, I opened my window to take in the view that I paid an extra $15 a month to partake and boy did I get more than what I bargained for because the naked man (actually he was along with a naked woman) were making out in plain view across the street at the Courtyard Marriott. I was in complete disbelief. The naked man got an upgrade and was right across from me. And on Sundays of all days. Since these two love birds did not know that they are publicly displaying their affection for each other in such an urbane environment and numerous residential calls flooded the hotel desk, they quickly pulled the curtains. Sheesh! Have some respect why don’t you?!

No comments: