Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Maturity at Age 30

Okay this is another sign of maturity. I’ve changed the channel from the Tom Joyner Morning Show to listen the Russ Parr Morning Show and instead of uplifting the people they are talking of Keke Wyatt’s Essence magazine comments about her proclaiming that although she’s 25% black with long hair and a pointy nose, that she fights on behalf of black people with dark skin and big noses. I guess my whole aggravation comes from B plus’ comment that it is to claim many different things (I am not against biracial people but Barack Obama calls himself black.) Most of the callers know the singer and says that she’s come from the project (which is funny because it’s always someone who wants to deny where he/she comes from). With all of this nonsense, I’ve missed the new Sounds of Blackness song Kings and Queens. Well, that’s a sign that as I turn 30, I am focusing on what is important. For the record, black people should create a classification system defining who is black. Why worry about someone else’s self-definition when there are real battles to fight. I wish all of those people the best, but when the police pull them over and throw them in jail, don’t call the NAACP to bail you out and fight on your behalf because remember you are not black in the first place.

No comments: