Thursday, September 06, 2007

Guardian of Truth

Okay. Black culture has hit a new low when Tom Joyner endorses the playing of a BET cartoon that curses at children. We should never compromise our integrity especially regarding our children! That’s ridiculous! We as adults should never bow down to lowest common denominator just to get something across to our youth. As a member of Generation Y, I am particularly concerned with the negative images being fed to my generation and I aim to stop this cartoon before it airs.

Yesterday I posted my discontentment with the Russ Parr Morning Show and now I am displaying my disapproval to acquiescing to crude behavior of the Tom Joyner Morning Show. This ordeal has made realize that regardless of format, I must decipher all messages and remain vigilant in promoting positive images inside and outside the black community.

No comments: