Thursday, September 20, 2007

Opportunity Journal Entry #14: Don't Hate Participate!

The woman on the board of my local economics club asked me if I would volunteer for the annual dinner and council of economic advisors debate! Would I ever? I would be honored because that exposure would help me in so many ways. Although I had missed this Tuesday's class beacuse of my meeting, I will not hesitate to attend the annual luncheon next Tuesday.
At least the debate is Friday morning meaning that I'll get paid because it was career-related! I could incorporate my Toastmasters public speaking skills, treasury management techniques and hobnob with the most prominent people in my field. Viewing this debate would also let me observe how executive economic policy is made. I am humbled by her decision to ask me first because that means that I am emanating positive energy!

No comments: