Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ring The Alarm

Omg! The House just passed a measure where I would have to show identification in order to vote because of illegal immigration. Now Saturday I will have to go and get my new state id, but the war on voting rights is not over! I will email all of my US Senators about this. My goal is to ensure that civil rights will become a victim of the war on terror. Now it is high time to become vocal! I emailed four senators and the president because this matter to urgent to ignore!

Yesterday after work I went to the AU math lab to review my precalculus chapter 1 answers and second homework. The tutors were extremely helpful to me throughout the process. Since I must go to the metro station Sunday to renew my SmartBenefits, I might consider traveling to American to review my homework. In addition, a Wall Street Journal reporter emailed me to cite my email regarding her article. I was astounded when she proclaimed that I had “some good points.” I hoped to receive a copy! This positive response to writing an email gave me confidence to write my first Toastmaster speech. The introductory speech is about telling the group about myself. See it is all coming together!

While returning from my morning break, my boss informed me that there was a fire alarm so I would not be able to get in. Immediately I walked to the intersection on 15th and K Streets to read the Washington Post and enjoy the sunshine. I took in the fresh air freeing me from the daily pressures and read the paper all the while thinking that regardless of what happens, I'm getting anyway.

No comments: