Friday, September 08, 2006

The Economics of Time and Money

Yesterday I discovered that excelling on the calculus CLEP test would allow me to take the mathematical economics course; thus, accelerating my graduation date from summer to spring! Testing out of calculus will allow me to take mathematical economics in spring. This is the sole core requirement under the general track; and, transferring six graduate credits from my MBA degree gives me an additional advantage. The fact that I can graduate a semester ahead of schedule reinforces the importance of doing well on all of my coursework. My goal is to earn an A in all three classes and to use micro as a stepping stone towards studying for the CLEP calculus test. Also, I will prepare for mathematical economics by purchasing the Schaum’s easy outline and workbook.

This discovery also produces enormous time and cost savings for me because I can earn my MA in Economics degree for the least amount of money! This is a core component of my financial empowerment plan: to save time and money and maximize my return.

No comments: