Thursday, September 14, 2006

Financial Empowerment Update

During these past two days, there have been a lot of financial activity that display the power of emergency savings and sound financial planning. Yesterday, I used the $250 savings to purchase my Thanksgiving plane ticket and to hail a cab after the AU-Tenleytown metro caught afire and became inaccessible. Even though the cabbie was a little loopy the ride home allowed me to think about the importance of my family.

Today I cashed the $40 money order refund for groceries and changed my bank information with FACTS to ensure a smooth withdrawal for the final community college tuition payment. Later in the day, I tried a third time to reach a creditor to obtain my most recent statement. After a roll, my statement collection activities seemed to crawl at a snail’s pace. Well, at least I know that come October everything will be set.

No comments: