Friday, August 11, 2006

My 29th Birthday and personal evolution

Wednesday was my twenty-nineth birthday. During that day I reflected upon the massive changes that taken place in my life this year. I went from unemployed residing with my mother to working as an Economist in the capital city, attending an MA in Economics program, and traveling down the road of financial prosperity. Everything that I have been taught has helped me immeasurably and I learned more about myself and my resiliency and the importance of having faith regardless of the situation.

I watched Little Miss Sunshine, a hilarious movie about Olive, an eight-year old overweight beauty queen participant, who aspires to win the Little Miss Sunshine pageant and all of her dysfunctional family members. I laughed so hard that I had to take over my glasses twice and by the end of the movie, snot came of out my nose (I had a tissue!). This was the first time in years that I thoroughly enjoyed a movie. The young actress who portrayed Olive, should win an Oscar! Afterward, I ate the Louisiana Devil Meal at Georgia Brown soul-food restaurant off of McPherson Square. The shrimp and Maryland crab cakes were magnificent as was the berry dessert. The best moment of the day occurred when I secured an apartment while at the restaurant (I took the phone call to the lobby). Sealing that deal, placed me on a positive path for the entire year.

This was the first time that I actually looked forward toward being thirty, towards being older because I wanted to experience and witness more. Now I have the opportunity to do so and will not miss out on anything!

No comments: