Friday, August 11, 2006

Experience

T.D. Jakes book, Mama Made the Difference, is a wonderful read and I have only completed the second chapter. I guess the combination of receiving my birthday from mom acknowledging that I have followed my own path by relocating from Cleveland to Washington, DC to become an economist with reading T.D. Jakes book, has inspired me to become greater.
I can recall even ninety days ago when I landed in Washington, DC, when the county informed me that my last check would be mailed to me and my account bounced that I could had never made it out of this; but, I managed to replenish my bank account, to pay off bad debt, transfer to another graduate economics program and maintain the same graduation date, and have my employer pay for one course, thereby, reducing my indebtedness. Within twenty-four hours, I will arrive in Arlington, VA, for the next leg of my journey and within another ninety days is my pay-for-performance review. If I could make it through these ordeals unscathed then I should be okay for the next ninety days, one-hundred eighty days and even one year.

No comments: