Saturday, September 01, 2012

My First Production Assistant Gig

            I have just finished my first production assistant gig this morning!  Though it entails crumpling brown paper to create a cave, I’ll receive a credit and a premiere party invitation. Dressed in a pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt and Ann Taylor shorts, I’ve noticed that I don’t have enough grunt-work clothes.  I attribute this to being a highly ranked Program Analyst.  There are people who do this for me; however, I am at the bottom rung of the film industry so I might have to hit a couple of Labor Day sales to have a decent collection.  I will email the executive director thanking her for giving me my first shot and telling her that I am available for future opportunities.  Building my resume is my goal. While enrolled in the studio production class, I will book 2-3 more production assistant jobs.  I will have a solid resume.  This job is my first step.

No comments: