Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Celebrating Ten Years' of Active Franchise

Today marks my tenth voting anniversary. Not even I could had imagined when I cast my first ballot in 1996 all of the changes that would shape my life:

  • Interning in Washington, DC in 1998
  • Receiving my BA in International Economics in 1999
  • Traveling to London in 2002
  • Graduating with my MBA on my 25th birthday in 2002
  • Returning to Cleveland State University as an MA in Economics student
  • Winning the BEA Economist job
  • Transferring to American University and the Northern Virginia Community College

    While boarding the late 22A bus I started thinking about how I would commemorate this event. Now, I understand that this is a milestone and here is where I will be come my twentieth voting anniversary:
  • Graduating cum laude from American University in 2007
  • Possessing three years’ mathematical knowledge to be accepted into a top 25 doctoral economics program
  • Being debt free
  • Owning my own home and business
  • Graduating summa cum laude with my Ph.D.
  • Fully fund my college book scholarship
  • Have a $1 million net worth

No comments: