Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Week in Review

It has been over one week since I blogged and a lot of good stuff have transpired since last Tuesday. Yesterday I attended to MLK Memorial groundbreaking event, had an epiphany that I could complete my A.S. in Science/Mathematics degree by next December by taking CLEP, DANTES, portfolio assessment and waiving classes (and do not need to take the CLEP calculus exam to do so), completed reading part I in Trigonometry for Dummies ( I will finish reading part II today), and located some very good scholarships via VirginiaMentor and the Foundation Center. So much has gone right for me that I need to share it with the blogosphere:

Yesterday, Monday, November 13, 2006:
I awoke at 7:20am, caught the 7:31am 7C bus, forgot to grab my id card while awaiting the blue line metro to GWU, and spent nearly two hours trying to find the MLK Memorial groundbreaking event because of faulty directions. Though I made it and snapped pictures of Oprah, Senator Barack Obama and Tavis Smiley, I was glad to be in great shape for a very physical undertaking. I literally had to walk across Memorial Bridge! And it cost me $11 in Smartcard benefits! However, it was well worth it because I was a part of history and within two years the Memorial will be complete. Also all four of Dr. Martin Luther and Coretta Kings' children attended the event. Seeing Yolanda jogged my memory that I would be seeing her at another event this Saturday. Having heard her speak before, she was extremely gracious and informative.

Also yesterday I located some great scholarship sources at the NOVA and Arlington libraries. During lunch I will go to the Foundation Center to complete outlining Don't Miss Out then travel to NOVA where I will pick up 501 Ways Adult Learner can finance college! There are still five more scholarship deadlines before the New Year, and I am intent upon capitalizing on every single one of them!

Sunday, November 12, 2006:
I figured out by taking the CLEP and DANTES exams, waiving college courses and PLACE allowed me to complete my A.S. in Science/Mathematics by next December. In addition, I did not have to take the CLEP calculus to accelerate the process meaning that I
could relocate to Rossyln, Virginia, which is closer to work after August 1st, and attain VA residency while taking the remaining classes at Arlington Center. Yippee!

No comments: