Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Adventures in Interviewing

Since my boss did not explicitly say that I would automatically receive my promotion, I started interviewing to secure my raise. During a one week period, I had three interviews and here were the summaries:

July 17, 2007

I interviewed for the economist position with another federal agency but scratch it off because of the 20 minute walk (It was too dependent upon the 71 bus.). My boss questioned me about my three-hour absence. Well, that would not happen Wednesday because the next one is off of L’Enfant Plaza.

July 18, 2007

This interview went way better than the other one because I did not have to hike 20 minutes to and from the appointment (Sidebar: DC Mayor Adrian Fenty was at the Greenleaf Recreational Center, the very one I pass en route to my interview, to endorse Barack Obama. How cool was that! At least there was not a tragedy. :). After my afternoon break, I will type and mail my thank you letters.

July 25, 2007

The interviewer gave me the creeps during our interview. I did not want to work for him because he gave weird pauses and openly challenged my decision to become an Economist with “When do you think you determine a raise? (Hey, watch already!). I answered all of his questions but that was the second time that I felt that the interview was confrontational. However, regarding the regression analysis, I gave him an advanced answer which brought me back into form. At the conclusion of the interview, he told me that he wanted a cleaner version of my resume besides what USAJOBS gave him. Afterward I sent him a copy then I divulged all of the goodies to my friend who called during the interview and left a voicemail.

No comments: