Thursday, August 04, 2005

Career Explosion

Yesterday I flew to Washington, DC to attend the Commerce Department's Career Expo. Initially I planned to stay for an hour; however, with the majority of the agencies present and bureau presentations from an International Economist working at the International Trade Administration, I remained there for three hours. The event was extremely engaging, because I discussed the status of my economist applications with actual hr recruiters! Also, I obtained some business cards and discovered that I was eligible for additional jobs with other agencies. Though I only received three hours of sleep, I felt rejuvenated because I knew that I worked the room and extended my professional network. This career opportunity allowed me to pick some low lying fruit. And, I enjoyed every moment of it :)

No comments: