Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Let the Countdown Begin!

Let the countdown begin! I enrolled in USDA Graduate School today and in less than two months I will obtain my Certified Associate Program Manager certification. I have gone from inertia to action! Now it is real because next Thursday the 14th I will be sitting in a classroom armed with my PMBOK ready to learn. This transaction has taken me out of my lackadaisical thought because I am starting to get sick of American. I just want it all to be over with allowing me time to enjoy my summer. No more new software learning or spending two nights a week in class. I can reclaim my life! Yesterday’s brilliant 75-degree weather drove home the point for me that I needed to get out more and evening courses weren’t conducive to that! I just remembered that in one more month it will all be over with allowing me to focus on my summer.

Obtaining my CAPM certification and then my PMP project management certification later this summer or early fall is essential to my career because I feel as if I am stuck in a rut. For over three years I have tried getting a promotion but feel like I am running in place. Last year I enrolled in project management courses and now will complete my final certification preparation course before sitting for the CAPM certification exam. Receiving this license increases my opportunities in both the public and private sectors and armed with five years’ experience, I am a shoo-in for a lot of managerial positions. I am giddy with excitement that my life is about to change for the better in the next 1 ½ weeks that I cannot hide and it has been a very long time since I have felt this way!

No comments: