Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Review to Renew

Forty-five minutes ago I froze while taking my macroeconomics final. The macroeconomic model of real gdp, consumption, and private and public savings kicked my butt. After answering all of the questions, I thoroughly reviewed each problem and re-calculated the equations to verify the correct answer and changed about seven of my answers. Redrawing the models enhanced my understanding of macroeconomy. Good thing too because next week I will be doing this for real as an economist. Upon submitting my final to the professor I thanked him for providing me with the transfer payment knowledge to secure an economist job in Washington, DC. After a lengthy discussion about Social Security and transfer payments he wished me luck. His class was extremely informative regardless of whatever other classmates proclaimed about both this course and Cleveland State University! This education landed a real-world job! I was happy about my return on investment :)

All is better on the university front because the economics advisor replied that I didn’t have to take the GRE while simultaneously compiling my application. And both of my CSU recommenders would also serve as my transfer university recommenders. Now all I have to do is study for the test. Even though I am tired from two grueling days of finals, I will at least make the effort of reviewing the sample GRE exam that I downloaded off of the Internet (Hey, it’s free!)

Thursday my foci will be: tying up all loose ends; preparing to move; and studying for the Intermediate Algebra final. The professor said that I had an A going into the final and if I did well I’d receive an A. I refuse to allow logarithm to deter me from that!

No comments: