Sunday, March 03, 2013

Bits of Thread Intro to Sewing Class

I attended my very first sewing class at Bits of Thread this afternoon.  I boarded the metro exiting at Woodley Park.  I didn't know that I had to cross the Duke Ellington bridge in order to get there.  That wasn't half of it.  The company had wrought iron gates where I had to buzz in.  Needless to say, the buzzer didn't work forcing me to call the company where a woman walked down to let me in.  Being from DuPont Circle, this was new to me.  I guessed nothing said 'gentrification' like iron gates and getting buzzed in.  I walked up two flights on stairs to room #5 where there were four sewing machines.  Though it took me a little over the two hours allotted to complete my drawstring pocket bag, I created it!  Here it is

Drawstring Pocket Bag

Though I had registered for beginners part two, my head ached so bad from stretching that I didn't go.  Nevermind the fact that I didn't get the $40 back, I felt bad that the man in my first class wanted to take the class. I would had kindly let him take my place. What I also decided was to drop next Saturday's draping basics and use that money to reenroll in beginners two.  I needed more practice before taking an intermediate class.  


No comments: