Saturday, June 23, 2012

Adventures in Little Rock

            Now don’t get me wrong, I love Little Rock even with the 90+ degree heat and humidity.  I hate my work experience.   

Oh my goodness!  It was horrible!  I flew into Little Rock during the afternoon to avoid going to the work site; yet, I got conned into arriving there over dinner.  On top of that, I had to sit across from the center director’s husband who 1) went on tangents; 2) interrupted me and 3) had to equate everything to Brooklyn.  What an asshole!  Making matters worse was on Thursday after working 11 hours straight, I was forced to stand up and fix my own plate at a restaurant.  Freaking witch!  That’s not the worse part.  She leans next to me asking ‘Do I hear yummies?’ Don’t get slapped broad!  Though I thought everything bad was behind me, I arrived at Atlanta airport where Delta cancelled dozens of Eastern seaboard flights.  My 5:10pm plane to DC turned into a 8pm flight.  The man at the counter said that I missed my flight which was a lie because the 4:10pm flight was delayed until 6:30pm! Combining my 1:25pm Little Rock departure and 9:45pm DC arrival, I spent 8 hours in transit when I shouldn’t have! Not a good look!  Next time I visit Little Rock, I’m doing it for pleasure. I’ve missed Central High and President Clinton’s library.

No comments: