Friday, March 07, 2008

Coming Full Circle

Tonight I returned to Shirlington to celebrate with my fellow Urban League Young Professionals at the conclusion of the legislative conference held here in Washington, DC. Though I was in familiar surroundings, my life was a complete 180 degrees from when I lived in Virginia. My bad credit was the reason behind my move (really, it was a force-out) from DC and anger and disappointment consumed me for the better half of that year. Determined to return to DC, I diligently paid off nearly all of my creditors and returned to the city. While on the 25A returning to Pentagon, I realized that it was me not the city that was the problem and the solution. Furthermore, returning to Virginia allowed me to reconcile all of my feelings and let go of all of the animosity.

No comments: