Monday, July 10, 2006

Stepping Up

Horoscope:
Quickie:
The details matter, especially right now, so don't lose focus on the little stuff.

For Monday, July 10 -They say the devil's in the details, and that is especially true today. To avoid all unsound temptations that may flirt with you during the day, stay on top of the details. It sounds a lot simpler than it is, so if it takes a while to get the lay of the land, don't be surprised. Give yourself the time you need to get your bearings and put things in the right places. You know the right way to do things, so go with what feels correct. Your instincts are on target.


I am going for it! During lunch I will submit my Empire application along with my cover letter, paystubs, IRS tax return and $25 fee and hope for the best. I refuse to pay $925 and use another paycheck to look for another apartment during the same month. My first check has cleared and I still have enough money to cover the move-in fee and first month’s rent. I am going for it today because if I get accepted I can move in Thursday. Also I know where I stand. Even though I could have done this last week, I waited to know my credit score. Upon receiving confirmation that though my credit score was abysmal I would be accepted to rent because of my “good job” from a credit counselor, bolstered my confidence to step out once again on faith and see if it is my time. However, I refuse to idly sit on the sidelines regarding my life. It is time to take control of this matter ASAP!

If I can move out this week, then I can have my July 17th check all to myself. Plus August’s rent will be prorated so instead of $1040 it’ll be $720, yielding a $205 cost savings! Thereby, making it cheaper than signing a 12-month lease :)

I am okay with sleeping on the floor for two days until my paycheck arrives and I can purchase a bed, television and microwave. Besides, I am not homeless and I have a lot of blankets to keep me warm. If my application is accepted, I tell my mother to hold sending my pots and pans until I obtain my new address. This is about respect and I cannot live in an environment which will continually flood.

I will check in after lunch to update my audience about the decision. Wish me luck!

No comments: